12 December 2013

Fading In:

This is my screenwriting blog. I’m new to screenwriting, but not to writing.

I keep trying to write this intro post, then I scrap it and try again because two sentences doesn’t seem like much of an intro.

.
.
.
Nope.
.
.
.
I got nuthin’.  Here:

“You can only write what you give a shit about.”
~~William Goldman



March 2014

It took a while, but I realized finally what this blog is for.  Me.  I learn by writing stuff down and at this stage I am trying simply to learn the art that is writing a screenplay.  I do that by writing, but more, I do it by writing down the lessons and ideas that make sense to me.  The million little "ah-ha" moments.  

It's a blog and not a journal because this is my journal now.  My creative life is lived through a computer. It's also public.  It's public because I think there must be a lot of people like me who can  have an ah-ha reading the same stuff I have.

So.  Now I know.  

No comments:

Post a Comment